Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo, 4.3 stars

   One of my (many) favorite authors is Kate DiCamillo. In fact, I like her books so much that I recently wrote her a letter as part of an assignment at school. I can’t wait to see if she writes back!
   I haven’t read many of her books (three), but the ones I have, I loved. This one is The Tale of Despereaux. It’s a Newbery Medal winner, and it’s about a mouse. Read on to find out more…
   Despereaux, the mouse, falls in love with the Princess Pea and because of that is sent to the dungeon for allowing himself to be seen by a human. He then sets off on a quest to save her from Roscurro, a rat who wants some light in his home -- the dark dungeon. The book is full of suspense, which I like.
   I’ve also watched the movie by the same title, but the book is about 50 times better. They added too much other stuff to the movie and made it seem like it wasn’t even the same story. So make sure you read the book first.

4 comments:

  1. I love that book! It's a great book! Your right about them adding a lot in the movie!
    -sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Eden! Hope you're having a great one! - Uncle Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! I can't wait to see you in London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eden ... I JUST LOOOOVE THAT BOOK!!!

    - hannah

    ReplyDelete