Monday, April 9, 2012

Anne of Avonlea, 4.1 stars

   Anne is beginning a new job as a "school ma'am" at the school in Avonlea, and there the real test of her character begins. Will she be able to keep the vow she made not to whip her students, but to make them love her? As Anne learns what is like to be grown up, she also finds friends in her students, and dear Miss Lavender whose strange ways match Anne perfectly. And now suddenly, there are twins at Green Gables, a whole other complication. Can Anne teach them to behave, while dealing with the strange behaviors of Gilbert Blythe as well?
   I must admit, I liked the first Anne book better, but adventures with Anne can never be dull for long! She changes slightly, but Anne is still the spunky red-headed girl with a huge imagination. I enjoyed reading this book because Anne is a school teacher, and I'd like to be a teacher when I grow up, so it gave me a glimpse of what teaching is like!

No comments:

Post a Comment