Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The "Ramona" series, by Beverly Cleary, 4.2

   This series, the "Ramona" series I loved in second and third grade, but now I don't find it that exciting. But remember, in my first post, I said I would blog about books, and say what I think the age level would be? I'm doing that now. And I think it is good for second-fourth graders. 
   Ramona Quimby has a hard life... or so she thinks. Everyone calls her a pest. Her pre-K teacher doesn't like her. Her kindergarten teacher doesn't like her. When she drops out of kindergarten, nobody likes her. Even so, Ramona does have fun in her life. Coloring with her dad, being her mom's little bunny, making a new friend Daisy, turning zero-teen... Sometimes, everything is okay. With Ramona, you never know what is going to happen.
   This basically summorizes the entire "Ramona" series. Here are all of the books in the series:

  • Beezus and Ramona
  • Ramona the Pest
  • Ramona the brave
  • Ramona and her Father
  • Ramona and her Mother
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8
  • Ramona Forever
  • Ramona's World
So... yeah. That's basically all I was going to add. OH! But there is one more thing. Ramona is a lot like Anne (of Green Gables), but yet so different. That's kind of cool, isn't it?

15 comments:

  1. I love Ramona Quimby still, today at the age of 42. I just watched the movie "Beezus and Ramona" with my girls and we laughed. You know? I never thought before how much Ramona and Anne (spelled with an "e") are similar...two of my favorite girls to read about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of just realized that too-Anne and Ramona are the same; I didn't really think about it before until I was writing this post. Yes the movie is very funny as well!

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of people who write a whole series of books that all sort of say the same thing. These sort of disappointments are why I sometimes don't want to go back and read books or watch movies again that I loved when I was younger. Sometimes they're just not as good and it can be nicer just to remember how much you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I don't normally feel that way, but with this series I did.

      Delete
  3. Hi Eden--I am a friend of your dad's and a total young adult (and children's book) junky. I really appreciated your comment about how much Ramona and Anne are a like--they are both extremely spunky, for one thing.

    Have you read the Emily books? I really love those as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my comment! I have not read the Emily books. Hmmm... I could always use another book to read!

      Delete
    2. The Emily books are also by LM Montgomery--the first one is called Emily of New Moon. There are ways in which the Emily books do repeat the Anne books, but somehow it never really bothered me too much that they were similar. Maybe because the parallels aren't overwhelming.

      3 years ago, I went on a vacation to Prince Edward Island and got to see all of the Anne sites. It was really fun, though to be honest, the Anne sites only take about a day.

      Delete
  4. Dear Eden,
    I am a friend of your parents. I discovered Ramona when my 5 children were young and loved reading them aloud and loved listening to them on tape as we rode in the car. Another spunky girl is Pippi Longstocking. She is much more extreme than either Anne-with-an-e or Ramona, but I loved Pippi as a child - adventuresome girls who spoke their minds. I now have grandchildren and have saved our Ramona books for when they come to visit. In fact reading your blog makes me want to order a CD of a Ramona book for them to listen to in the car. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I should write about Pippi Longstocking. She is one of my favorite book characters.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I'd like to ask everyone a question... and it'd be interesting to see what you say.

    WHAT WAS/IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

    I'm always looking for more books, so I would appreciate you answering!

    P.S. If it is not a book that I would enjoy reading, then don't bother posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A book Hannah and I have REALLY loved is the mysterious benedict Socioty. It's about three kids who are really smart and they go on a HUGE adventure. By huge I mean 400 pages big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COOL! Thanks, Sofie. By the way, I LOVE your blog!

      Delete
    2. Thanks eden, Yours is WAY cooler though :) BTW (by the way) I looked at Lola's website Its AWESOME! I Emailed her and she said that she remembered me from your party!

      Delete
  7. HTE MYSTERIOS BEDICT SOICTY?????!!! EDEN THAT IS A MUST-READ!!!!
    IT IS SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!

    - hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STARTED READING IT TODAY BECAUSE OF YOU AND SOFIE TELLING ME IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!


      P.S. DO YOU LIKE MY BLOG?!?!

      Delete