Saturday, May 26, 2012

Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin, it's a true story so I can't really rate it, 155 pages

   I've heard that this book was exaggerated, but I didn't know what was exaggerated and what wasn't, so I read it. Overstated or not, this is an incredible story that everyone should read...
   Greg Mortenson, on his way to climb K2, the world's second tallest mountain, gets lost and, cold and hungry, wanders into a Pakistani village where he is taken in willingly. Moved by their kindness, he promises to return to build a school for the children there. Back then, all the kids had for a school was a teacher that came three days a week, mud, sticks, and cold hard dirt. Greg Mortenson changed that, and built over 78 schools after.
   There is 3 different books written by Greg Mortenson about this story, Three Cups of Tea (the adult version), Three Cups of Tea (the young reader's edition, which is what I read), and Listen to The Wind (a picture book which I also read).

No comments:

Post a Comment