Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anne of Windy Poplars, L. M. Montgomery, 4.1 stars, 258 pages

   You might notice that this has the lowest rating of the Anne series, and it's not because it's a bad book at ALL, the beginning just wasn't that great. OH! And I finished the entire series (eight books) almost a week ago. Let's see if I can catch up with my writing!
   Anne, waiting for Gilbert to finish medical school, is a principal in the Summerside school. She lives in a 'dear old cottage' called Windy Poplars, and Anne finds it perfect there--until school starts. Now she faces a problem: the Pringles. Known as the royal family, they quickly let Anne know that she is NOT who they wanted for principal. Befriending two widows and Rebecca Dew are inly two exciting triumphs Anne has.

1 comment:

  1. I love how Anne is always able to win people over. She just has a way about her that turns grumpy, mean, misunderstood people into kind, generous, loving ones. I wish everyone could be more like her! :o) I can't wait to read the next one--the one you've been so excited for me to read!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete