Saturday, May 26, 2012

Matilda, Roald Dahl, 4.5 stars, 240 pages

   Okay, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't been posting book reviews. The end of the school year is busy!!!
   Matilda is a 5-year-old genius with parents who don't notice her extraordinary brain.  They advise her to sit down in front of the telly, and 'shut that rubbish of a book.' When Matilda finally is sent to school, she meets "The Trunchbull", a headmistress with amazing powers to love hate kids. With Miss Honey, Matilda's kind teacher, Matilda devises a plan to rout Miss Trunchbull.
   First time around when you read this book, the climax is spectacular. I just finished rereading it like 5 minutes ago, and it wasn't what I remembered. But you've got to read this book, or reread it, or re-reread, or re-re-reread!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like I need to read this book soon too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! Must read! And you cab borrow my copy. :-)

      Delete