Friday, June 7, 2013

The Year of Mrs. Agnes, Kirkpatrick Hill, 113 pages

Again, fourth grade (though it's more like a third grade level)...

This book, The Year of Mrs. Agnes, is told by Frederika (Fred for short) and how their fish-smelling village never holds more one teacher for long. That's until Mrs. Agnes comes. Maybe it's because she can't smell, but for whatever reason, she stays.She goes away, and Fred is afraid that she is just like the other teachers, but in the end, she comes back to teach for another school year.

At the end, it kind of leaves me hanging, wanting to know more about what happens the next school year. Does she change at all? Does the school change at all? Do the pupils change at all? Does anything change? I suggest the author write a sequel, and tell about how this year was different from the first, or make the book longer, as it's just a little more than 100 pages or so. However, overall, I liked this book and (I know you know what I'm going to say:) I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment