Friday, June 7, 2013

Boy -- Tales of a Childhood, Roald Dahl, I've decided not to rate anymore, 176 pages

This is from fourth grade…


Roal Dahl is one of my favorite authors, and I just read another one his books. The book is called Boy, and tells about Roald Dahl’s life, starting before he was born. It tells a little about his father's life, how he married, and how they found a good home. Then Roald Dahl was born, thus starting his adventures. There are about five sections, the first starting with his life at home, and then his various schools, and finally, his job selling Shell oil/gasoline, and other jobs. My favorite paragraph happens to be the last.

The last paragraph is, "...But that is another story. It has nothing to do with childhood or school or Gobstoppers or dead mice or Boazers or summer holidays among the islands of Norway. It is a different tale altogether, and if all goes well, I may have I shot at telling it one of these days." I like it because it tells almost a summary of the story; not about the schools, but about weird/funny/sad/all-of-that-kind-of-asdjectives events that Roald Dahl remembers from his childhood. NOt necessarily the important ones, or the funny ones, but a mixture of everything:funny, sad, painful... you get the idea. And (like I always say) I recommend this book to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment