Friday, July 20, 2012

Anne's House of Dreams, L. M. Montgomery, 4.4 stars, 227 pages

   Ah, Anne. I didn't forget about you, I promise! Okay, maybe a little. But I'll try to hurry up and finish the series, and then we can move on to the many other books I've read/am reading.
   Anne has finally married her beloved ______*, and now they have moved to their house of dreams. At the part of the island called Glen St. Mary, Anne reassures her husband that with the water for a backyard, Miss Cornelia's peppy visits, and the gleaming lighthouse where old Captain Jim lives, she could never be lonely, and can't imagine anyone else who would--until she meets Leslie Moore. Leslie's tragic childhood lasted until she was an adult, and it takes Anne's "kindred spirit" to shine a light into Leslie's dark world.
* I can't say who she marries; it would spoil everything!!!
   In my opinion, this is the second saddest (second to the eighth) yet sweetest book in the series. The title makes it sound like it's all about the house, and I wasn't looking forward to reading it, but then: You can't judge a book by its title!
   I would also like to say that if you've heard of a book that I might've read, and 1) you want to hear what I have to say about it or 2) you're wondering what it's about, comment! I might be able to have a spot specially marked for that...

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh. Sad and sweet. Can't wait to read it.....some day when I catch up to you!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete